- A small burrowing insectivorous snake that lacks a distinct head and has very small inefficient eyes. Also called worm snake.
More example sentences
- Infraorder Scolecophidia: three families, in particular Typhlopidae, and several genera
- Although there's not a trace left on the outside, boas, pythons, and blind snakes all have completely useless vestigial hipbones buried in their bodies.
- The startling discovery was that as we kept coming back to this island over two or three years we kept finding the same blind snakes which we'd marked.
- Depending on their size - which can range from a 2-inch blind snake to a 38-foot green anaconda, snakes' carnivorous diets range from mice, rats, fish, frogs and eggs to small deer, crocodiles and even other snakes.
More definitions of blind snakeDefinition of blind snake in:
- The British & World English dictionary