(also bliny or blinis)
noun (singular blin /blin/)
- Pancakes made from buckwheat flour and served with sour cream.More example sentences
- Sprinkled with lemon juice, served with oven-warmed blinis and crème fraîche, this was a delicious first course.
- A blini batter is usually made with buckwheat flour and yeast, but here's a lighter version using all wheat flour with an added crunch of sweetcorn.
- Serve caviar on warm blini with optional creme fraiche.
Russian (plural); compare with blintz.
More definitions of bliniDefinition of blini in:
- The British & World English dictionary