Definition of bliss in English:
1Perfect happiness; great joy: she gave a sigh of bliss
More example sentences
- By working less and staying at home more, I believed naively that my husband would come home to domestic bliss and a happy marriage would ensue.
- The cat was regarded as an essential element in scenes of domestic bliss and happiness.
- I can live my life in perfect bliss knowing all too well that nothing I ever do will make any difference in this beautiful universe.
1.1A state of spiritual blessedness, typically that reached after death.
- The man who would conquer his contradictory feelings, would reach bliss in the afterlife.
- The Torah teaches us that there is an eternal life, a wholly spiritual life, whose bliss is far greater than the human mind can imagine.
- But, drawn out of her spiritual bliss and feeling trapped, she quickly turns the tables.
verb[no object] Back to top
Words that rhyme with blissabyss, amiss, bis, Chris, Diss, hiss, kiss, Majlis, miss, reminisce, sis, Swiss, this, vis
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan