Definition of blizzard in English:
1A severe snowstorm with high winds and low visibility.
- And then there are the weather warnings for hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, floods, winds, and tides.
- If you lose electric power during a blizzard or ice storm, you probably will lose your heat.
- Since that first winter, I've been through two ice storms and blizzards, as well as ‘normal’ winters, and frankly, I hate them.
1.1An overabundance; a deluge: a blizzard of legal forms
More example sentences
- There is irony in the book's blizzard of anecdotal details.
- What is the average citizen to do, facing this blizzard of charges and countercharges and theories and countertheories?
- And did this blizzard of deal activity generate tangible additional value for their shareholders?
early 19th century (originally US, denoting a violent blow): of unknown origin.