Definition of blizzard in English:
1A severe snowstorm with high winds and low visibility.
- And then there are the weather warnings for hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, floods, winds, and tides.
- If you lose electric power during a blizzard or ice storm, you probably will lose your heat.
- Since that first winter, I've been through two ice storms and blizzards, as well as ‘normal’ winters, and frankly, I hate them.
1.1An overabundance; a deluge: a blizzard of legal forms
More example sentences
- There is irony in the book's blizzard of anecdotal details.
- What is the average citizen to do, facing this blizzard of charges and countercharges and theories and countertheories?
- And did this blizzard of deal activity generate tangible additional value for their shareholders?
Early 19th century (originally US, denoting a violent blow): of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with blizzardgizzard, izard, lizard, vizard, wizard
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.