- A grant from a central government that a local authority can allocate to a wide range of services.More example sentences
- Further funds have also been allocated by way of discretionary block grant, a special block grant for footpath/carriageway restoration, low cost safety grants and road worker training grants.
- One solution would be to provide the project or cooperative subsidies in the form of a block grant, in order to maintain the housing as affordable.
- The base grant, the block grant we get for research has never kept up sufficiently for us to provide the kind of infrastructure and flexibility we want…
More definitions of block grantDefinition of block grant in:
- The British & World English dictionary