- 1A vessel that runs or attempts to run into or out of a blockaded port.More example sentences
- After two unsuccessful attempts to use Confederate money to book passage to Europe on a blockade runner out of Wilmington, North Carolina, Garidel realized that he was trapped in Richmond.
- The Denbigh was the last blockade runner between Havana and Mobile to escape.
- Blockades of enemy ports during war time tend to develop that peculiar kind of person and ship, the blockade runners.
- 2The owner, master, or one of the crew of a blockade runner.More example sentences
- Merchants, mercenaries, pirates, blockade runners, and all sorts of travelers come through Nerlack Lunar Base daily, slipping unnoticed onboard a ship will not be difficult.
- CenSec had to deal with everything - petty criminals, paramilitaries, and investigative work, and on occasion - pirates and blockade runners.
More definitions of blockade runnerDefinition of blockade runner in:
- The British & World English dictionary