- Very successful commercially: his blockbusting novelMore example sentences
- Together, our crusade to save the cinema can be a blockbusting success.
- Wayne gave his usual blockbusting performance, taking the ball up and making metres and stitching up the middle with his tackling.
- My recent letter about the humourless programme was published just before the blockbusting episode watched by nearly 20 million viewers.
nounNorth American Back to top
- The practice of persuading owners to sell property cheaply because of the fear of people of another race or class moving into the neighborhood, and thus profiting by reselling at a higher price.More example sentences
- Neither were neighborhoods victimized by blockbusting.
- So deep was white Chicagoans' hostility to the practice that activists labored to stop such blockbusting even when they were willing to live alongside African American neighbors.
- The agency did not systematically discourage either racial discrimination or blockbusting.
More definitions of blockbustingDefinition of blockbusting in:
- The British & World English dictionary