1 American Football A player whose task it is to block for the ballcarrier or kicker.
- Look at all of the quality running backs, blockers, and wideouts.
- He was a tremendous rusher, a great receiver, and one of the best blockers ever for a running back.
- At any rate, they have to get a passer at some point, as well as a running back and a blocker.
2A substance that prevents or inhibits a given physiological function.
- We coded all drugs according to the British National Formulary and defined secondary prevention drugs as aspirin, blockers, lipid lowering agents, or angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors.
- The rest of the market goes to acid blockers, which prevent the action of histamine on the acid-secreting cells of the stomach, reducing acid secretion.
- Medicines called ACE inhibitors and angiotensin-II receptor blockers are helpful.
Words that rhyme with blockerchocker, docker, Fokker, interlocker, locker, mocha, mocker, ocker, quokka, rocker, saltimbocca, shocker, soccer, stocker
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of blocker in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.