Definition of blocker in English:
1.1 Football A player whose task it is to block for the ballcarrier or kicker.
- Look at all of the quality running backs, blockers, and wideouts.
- He was a tremendous rusher, a great receiver, and one of the best blockers ever for a running back.
- At any rate, they have to get a passer at some point, as well as a running back and a blocker.
1.2A substance that prevents or inhibits a given physiological function.
- We coded all drugs according to the British National Formulary and defined secondary prevention drugs as aspirin, blockers, lipid lowering agents, or angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors.
- The rest of the market goes to acid blockers, which prevent the action of histamine on the acid-secreting cells of the stomach, reducing acid secretion.
- Medicines called ACE inhibitors and angiotensin-II receptor blockers are helpful.
Definition of blocker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan