Definition of blood brother in English:
1A brother by birth.
- You could be trying to tell me that you are my long lost blood brother and I wouldn't care.
- They were not blood brother and sister, per se.
- So in my family up to my 20s, I had a mum, dad, full blood brother and sister, step-mum, step-dad and 6 step-siblings from 3 different marriages.
1.1A man who has sworn to treat another man as a brother, sometimes with a ceremonial mingling of blood.
- ‘He's like a blood brother to me, we are his lifeline,’ said the 47-year-old from San Diego.
- That ability in him also allowed himself and his blood brother Jon, after their political parting, to co-exist without any animosity.
- But in this New (post-Cold War) World, dogmatism and its blood brother, religious fundamentalism, are thriving as never before.
Definition of blood brother in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan