Definition of blood count in English:
1A determination of the number of corpuscles in a specific volume of blood.
- The patients selected for the study had a normal physical examination, electrocardiogram and blood count.
- Preoperative tests include complete blood count, urinalysis, and preparation for autologous donation if needed.
- Because of the side effects of these medications, the complete blood count should be evaluated at the initiation of therapy and monthly thereafter.
1.1The number of corpuscles found by taking a blood count: a low blood count
More example sentences
- Life has fallen into a languid pattern, my voice unreliable and my blood count chronically low and I tend to spend a lot of time asleep.
- They knew her blood count was very low and we were worried as this is very dangerous if you are pregnant.
- My doctor told me that I had a low blood count, which might help to explain why I have been feeling so tired lately.
Definition of blood count in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan