1Arrange (the hair) into a particular style while drying it with a handheld dryer.
- While blow-drying your hair, use the brush to brush each layer to the opposite direction your hair usually goes to create volume.
- After blow-drying the hair, Bailey diagonally zigzag-parted the front half into sections.
- He also advises against blow-drying your hair because this tends to inflate volume rather than reduce it.
1.1 (as adjective blow-dried) (Of a person) well groomed, polished, and assured.
- Even though he has broken a pledge to limit himself to two terms in the Senate, he still benefits from an image as the antithesis of a blow-dried, say-anything-for-a-vote politician.
- You certainly can't call him another blow-dried anchor.
- Would it be wrong to say that it's a zoological collection of over-pampered, money-grubbing, blow-dried twits?
An act of arranging the hair while drying it with a handheld dryer.
- It really makes a BIG difference to how your hair looks, plus you get a professional blow-dry.
- Do something different to your hair that morning… if it's normally wavy, get a good blow-dry and wear it straight.
- My favorite part of getting my hair cut is the hot ironing after the blow-dry.
blow-dryer (also blowdrier) noun
- Example sentences
- For styling without damage, Walker tries not to use too much heat or apply too much tension when he's using blow-dryers and curling irons.
- Although blow-dryers may be appropriate in the dressing areas in the front or back of the church for wedding party members or clergy having bad hair days, no one else should consider taking their dryer to church.
- Fry your scalp and hair with excessive heat from blow-dryers, hot combs and hair-bonnet dryers.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of blow-dry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.