1A person or thing that blows, typically a mechanical device for creating a current of air used to dry or heat something.
- A heat recovery ventilator comprising four rectangular regenerative heat exchangers, two blowers, a rotating air switch all disposed in a compact rectangular housing.
- Strategies include architectural decisions that result in passive air movement, and engineering decisions that rely on mechanical fans and blowers to supply and circulate fresh air and exhaust polluted air.
- ‘An air blower starts blowing at this end, and a vacuum starts at the destination,’ he continues.
2 informal, chiefly British A telephone.
- I chatted on the blower to my friend in London for three hours today.
- I responded with an e-mail, a few more were exchanged, we agreed to chat on the blower and - result!
- We had a chat on the blower and were both satisfied with my withdrawal of the comment and my public apology.
Words that rhyme with bloweranoa, Balboa, boa, foregoer, goer, grower, hoer, jerboa, knower, Krakatoa, Lebowa, lower, moa, mower, Mururoa, Noah, o'er, proa, protozoa, rower, Samoa, sewer, Shenandoah, shower, sower, spermatozoa, Stour, thrower, tower
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.