- A portable device producing a hot flame that is directed onto a surface, typically to solder metal.More example sentences
- These range from fires ignited by blowtorches involved in paint stripping, to electrical appliances and other equipment which may have been stored in a damp garage or shed over the winter period.
- Zack: ‘It looks as though I'm gonna have to use the portable blowtorch to melt the ice.’
- Currently, we seal one end of the capillary by touching the very extreme of the capillary with the flame of a blowtorch, which fuses the silica together.
More definitions of blowtorchDefinition of blowtorch in:
- The British & World English dictionary