Definition of blue crab in English:
A large edible swimming crab of the Atlantic coast of North America.
- Callinectes sapidus, family Portunidae
- Medium-sized terrapins still relied on small snails but apportioned more of their diet among large snails, blue crabs, and fiddler crabs.
- After these choices come the king crab, blue crab and rock lobster, and you are almost half way through the menu!
- After an indecently large plateful of oysters it was into the grilled blue crab and rock lobsters, which I must say were particularly good.
Definition of blue crab in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan