Definition of blue crab in English:
A large edible swimming crab of the Atlantic coast of North America.
- Callinectes sapidus, family Portunidae
- Medium-sized terrapins still relied on small snails but apportioned more of their diet among large snails, blue crabs, and fiddler crabs.
- After these choices come the king crab, blue crab and rock lobster, and you are almost half way through the menu!
- After an indecently large plateful of oysters it was into the grilled blue crab and rock lobsters, which I must say were particularly good.
Definition of blue crab in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.