Definition of blue crane in English:
1A large South African crane with blue-gray plumage. Also called Stanley crane.
- Anthropoides paradisea, family Gruidae
- He addressed groups of pupils at the High School on the plight of the three species of endangered cranes - the crowned crane, the blue crane and the wattled crane - in South Africa.
- Running around this landscape of giant heathers, you will also see ostriches, bonteboks, baboons and, if you are lucky, a fly-past from the elegant national bird, the blue crane.
- Pointing out a blue crane, the symbol of South Africa, one ranger wondered what the next symbol would be - ‘a rainbow chicken?’
Definition of blue crane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan