Definition of blue-eyed Mary in English:
A low-growing plant of the borage family that bears bright blue flowers and spreads by means of runners.
- Omphalodes verna, family Boraginaceae
- For visitors, blue-eyed Marys and Virginia bluebells provide a visual delight in the spring.
- Virginia bluebells, wild sweet William and blue-eyed Mary are never disappointing.
- First they were interspersed in the carpet of blue-eyed Marys and then they formed their own carpet as the terrain sloped up into the highlands.
Definition of blue-eyed Mary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan