Definition of blue-eyed grass in English:
A North American plant of the iris family, cultivated for its blue flowers.
- Genus Sisyrinchium, family Iridaceae: several species, including the flat-stemmed S. montanum
- Irises, lilies of the valley, geraniums, and blue-eyed grass are good bets just about anywhere.
- The original four blue-eyed grasses have multiplied and the native bunch grasses have prospered.
- Though their foliage is grass-like, the blue-eyed grasses belong to the iris family not the grass family.
Definition of blue-eyed grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.