Definition of blue-eyed Mary in English:
A low-growing plant of the borage family that bears bright blue flowers and spreads by means of runners.
- Omphalodes verna, family Boraginaceae
- For visitors, blue-eyed Marys and Virginia bluebells provide a visual delight in the spring.
- Virginia bluebells, wild sweet William and blue-eyed Mary are never disappointing.
- First they were interspersed in the carpet of blue-eyed Marys and then they formed their own carpet as the terrain sloped up into the highlands.
Definition of blue-eyed Mary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.