- A preparation used as a rinse on gray or white hair intended to make it look more silver.More example sentences
- For the famous Greenham Common demo a group of us borrowed clothes and had temporary blue rinses done to look older.
- I see no evidence of a blue rinse, wrinkly brown stockings, big grey bloomers or a bus pass, if that's any help.
- These are normally special places where nature waves the white flag, and predators become grannies waiting for their blue rinse.
adjective(blue-rinse or blue-rinsed) [attributive] • informal • derogatory Back to top
- Of or relating to elderly and conservative women: the blue-rinse brigadeMore example sentences
- I do believe they're talking about a more conservative dresser, not someone of the blue-rinse brigade.
- His widely-publicised friendship with the former topless model set sherry glasses rattling among the blue-rinse brigade.
- He read it a few days ago at an author event and several members of the blue-rinse brigade in the audience got up and left while he was in full flight.
More definitions of blue rinseDefinition of blue rinse in:
- The British & World English dictionary