Definition of blue roan in English:
Denoting an animal’s coat consisting of black-and-white hairs evenly mixed, giving it a blue-gray hue.
- Over the large hill in the center of the field, a heavily pregnant blue roan Quarter Horse appeared.
- Yes, I had made my dream come true on the back of a big blue roan stud named DC.
- Gavin was in the coral, trying to break in a new blue roan colt.
nounBack to top
An animal with blue roan coat.
- Our mares are producing many blue roans, bay roans and black horses with great dispositions and conformation.
- For that reason, some greys in our breed have been mis-registered as roans, especially blue roans.
- Blue has been producing beautiful red roans, blue roans, grullas, and everything in between!
Definition of blue roan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan