Denoting an animal’s coat consisting of black-and-white hairs evenly mixed, giving it a blue-gray hue.
- Over the large hill in the center of the field, a heavily pregnant blue roan Quarter Horse appeared.
- Yes, I had made my dream come true on the back of a big blue roan stud named DC.
- Gavin was in the coral, trying to break in a new blue roan colt.
An animal with blue roan coat.
- Our mares are producing many blue roans, bay roans and black horses with great dispositions and conformation.
- For that reason, some greys in our breed have been mis-registered as roans, especially blue roans.
- Blue has been producing beautiful red roans, blue roans, grullas, and everything in between!
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: blue roan
Definition of blue roan in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.