Definition of blueberry in English:
noun (plural blueberries)
1A hardy dwarf shrub of the heath family, with small, whitish drooping flowers and dark blue edible berries.
- Genus Vaccinium, family Ericaceae: several North American species, including the common highbush blueberry (V. corymbosum), from which many cultivated varieties originate
- Scattered shrubs include two kinds of low-growing blueberries and the dwarf live oak, which is less than a foot tall.
- The same cultural practices may also be applied to blueberries, pieris, heather, holly and other plants that prefer acid, organic soils.
- Some popular small trees and shrubs with birds are: blueberries, elderberries, hollies, cherries, and dogwoods.
Words that rhyme with blueberrydewberry
Definition of blueberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan