Definition of blueberry in English:
noun (plural blueberries)
1A hardy dwarf shrub of the heath family, with small, whitish drooping flowers and dark blue edible berries.
- Genus Vaccinium, family Ericaceae: several North American species, including the common highbush blueberry (V. corymbosum), from which many cultivated varieties originate
- Scattered shrubs include two kinds of low-growing blueberries and the dwarf live oak, which is less than a foot tall.
- The same cultural practices may also be applied to blueberries, pieris, heather, holly and other plants that prefer acid, organic soils.
- Some popular small trees and shrubs with birds are: blueberries, elderberries, hollies, cherries, and dogwoods.
Words that rhyme with blueberrydewberry
Definition of blueberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.