Definition of bluebird in English:
An American songbird of the thrush subfamily, the male of which has a blue head, back, and wings. See also fairy bluebird.
- Genus Sialia, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae: three species, including the eastern bluebird (S. sialis)
- Woodpeckers, screech owls, chickadees, nuthatches, bluebirds, tree swallows and some flycatchers need them.
- The pair compared data from studies covering 18 different species, including dwarf mongooses, meerkats, Florida scrub jays, western bluebirds, and Australian magpies.
- Pigeons are predominant, but, as you explore, you see sparrows and bluebirds and flickers and blue jays and wrens and kestrels and starlings and robins.
Definition of bluebird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan