Definition of bluebird in English:
An American songbird of the thrush subfamily, the male of which has a blue head, back, and wings. See also fairy bluebird.
- Genus Sialia, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae: three species, including the eastern bluebird (S. sialis)
- Woodpeckers, screech owls, chickadees, nuthatches, bluebirds, tree swallows and some flycatchers need them.
- The pair compared data from studies covering 18 different species, including dwarf mongooses, meerkats, Florida scrub jays, western bluebirds, and Australian magpies.
- Pigeons are predominant, but, as you explore, you see sparrows and bluebirds and flickers and blue jays and wrens and kestrels and starlings and robins.
Definition of bluebird in:
- British & World English dictionary