Definition of bluebonnet in English:
A blue-flowered lupine, especially common in Texas.
- Genus Lupinus, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular the Texas bluebonnet (L. texensis) and the shy bluebonnet (L. subcarnosus)
- As with most species of wildflowers found in U.S. state or national parks, it is unlawful to pick or dig up Texas bluebonnets.
- She was gathering daisies, posies, dandelions, bluebonnets, roses, tulips.
- On Monday, he offered him a warm embrace and a kiss on both cheeks and gripped his hand as they disappeared into an office building on the ranch where bluebonnets, the Texas state flower, were making their spring debut.
Definition of bluebonnet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan