Definition of bluehead in English:
A small wrasse (fish) of the tropical eastern Atlantic that is sometimes kept in aquariums. Large males have a blue head and green body with vertical stripes in between, and females and smaller males are predominantly yellowish.
- Thalassoma bifasciatum, family Labridae
- Cleaning is not limited to the Labroides genus however; young bluehead and young Spanish hogfish in the Bahamas have also been observed cleaning larger fishes.
- He was out early on the bright frosty morning and he had a good ‘plug’ of blueheads on his line when he caught the 9 lbs. of fish.
- I've seen creek chub out there before, but not blueheads.
Definition of bluehead in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.