Definition of bluehead in English:
A small wrasse (fish) of the tropical eastern Atlantic that is sometimes kept in aquariums. Large males have a blue head and green body with vertical stripes in between, and females and smaller males are predominantly yellowish.
- Thalassoma bifasciatum, family Labridae
- Cleaning is not limited to the Labroides genus however; young bluehead and young Spanish hogfish in the Bahamas have also been observed cleaning larger fishes.
- He was out early on the bright frosty morning and he had a good ‘plug’ of blueheads on his line when he caught the 9 lbs. of fish.
- I've seen creek chub out there before, but not blueheads.
Definition of bluehead in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia