Definition of bluethroat in English:
A small, lively thrush found in northern Eurasia and Alaska. The male has a blue throat with a reddish spot in the center.
- Luscinia svecica, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- Furthermore, in bluethroats, European starlings, and blue tits female choice for males with greater UV reflectance appears to favor structural plumage traits.
- In many passerine species, including bluethroats, male removal results in an overall reduction in food supply.
- A lost waif and stray of extraordinary beauty turned up in Aberdeen and made the front page of two national newspapers: a bluethroat looking enchantingly like a robin that had been coloured in wrong.
Definition of bluethroat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India