Definition of blusher in English:
1A cosmetic of a powder or cream consistency used to give a warm color to the cheeks. Also called blush.
- He recommends a wax or cream formulation for eye pencil, lipstick and cream blusher on the beach.
- I just knew the five most basic things - compact powder, eye shadow, blusher, eyeliner and lipstick.
- ‘When I do a competition I wear foundation, blusher, lipstick and mascara,’ she said.
2 (the blusher) A woodland toadstool that has a buff cap bearing fluffy white spots and white flesh that turns pink when bruised or cut. It is native to both Eurasia and North America.
- Amanita rubescens, family Amanitaceae, class Basidiomycetes
- The main edible species of the genus are the blusher, grisette, and orange.
- Know your blusher from your stinkhorn and a tasty dinner from certain death!
- All the same you should get expert identification before sampling them - one of the only two deadly toadstools in this country looks almost identical to the 'Blusher', which is a delicious edible variety.
Definition of blusher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan