Definition of boa constrictor in English:
A large and typically boldly marked snake that kills by coiling around its prey and asphyxiating it, native to tropical America.
- Boa constrictor, family Boidae
- One of the biggest is the boa constrictor, the legendary non-venomous strangler found throughout much of Central and South America.
- Only last week a boa constrictor and rat snake were found on a golf course near Accrington.
- The boa constrictor is a non-poisonous tropical snake belonging to a specialized group of reptiles - the first vertebrate class completely independent of water.
Definition of boa constrictor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.