Definition of boardroom in English:
1A room in which the members of a board meet regularly.
- A ballroom, two boardrooms and five meeting rooms are also on the cards.
- This is why most of them are installed not in the workspaces of the employees, but in boardrooms or conference rooms, where businessmen meet and greet their clients.
- The conference centre will have a variety of boardrooms, meeting and syndicate rooms providing the most advanced technology systems.
1.1The directors of a company or organization considered collectively.
- In many boardrooms in corporate America, the senior managers are usually white males.
- Most of the popular non-executive directors are propelled into the top boardrooms following a career in business.
- Researchers from Cranfield University say we could reach gender equality in the boardrooms of major corporations within the next seven years.
Words that rhyme with boardroomstoreroom • ballroom
Definition of boardroom in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.