Definition of boardroom in English:
1A room in which the members of a board meet regularly.
- A ballroom, two boardrooms and five meeting rooms are also on the cards.
- This is why most of them are installed not in the workspaces of the employees, but in boardrooms or conference rooms, where businessmen meet and greet their clients.
- The conference centre will have a variety of boardrooms, meeting and syndicate rooms providing the most advanced technology systems.
1.1The directors of a company or organization considered collectively.
- In many boardrooms in corporate America, the senior managers are usually white males.
- Most of the popular non-executive directors are propelled into the top boardrooms following a career in business.
- Researchers from Cranfield University say we could reach gender equality in the boardrooms of major corporations within the next seven years.
Definition of boardroom in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia