Definition of boatbill in English:
noun(also boat-billed heron)
A small Central and South American heron with a broad, flattened bill and a prominent black crest.
- Cochlearius cochlearius, family Ardeidae
- Our guide was especially knowledgeable about the bird life and was able to show us three boat-billed herons - magnificent tropical birds with broad bills.
- The Hacienda La Pacifica resort complex, adjacent to these preserves, is popular with birders for the natural habitat along the river right on its grounds, where boat-billed herons come to roost.
- Entire avian families, including cotingas, manakins, toucans, and ground antbirds, are essentially confined to the Neotropics, as are such unique species as screamers, trumpeters, sunbittern, hoatzin, and boat-billed heron.
Definition of boatbill in:
- British & World English dictionary