noun (plural boatmen)
- A person who rents out or works on boats.More example sentences
- Trade on the Barrow was booming with up to 50 boats owned and worked by the Graignamanagh boatmen who worked the navigation system until trade ceased.
- Founding Chairman of the Newry Canal Preservation Society, John was a boatman, a sailor, a windsurfer and a musician from the Showband days.
- The stoic expression on Buddy's weathered face was almost identical to that of the other boatman as the boats closed rapidly on each other.
More definitions of boatmanDefinition of boatman in:
- The British & World English dictionary