- 1A cylinder or cone holding thread, yarn, or wire, used especially in weaving, machine sewing, and lacemaking.More example sentences
- In days gone by I would have ordered the non-standard bobbins my sewing machine uses from his shop and got them in mere weeks.
- Thread the machine needle with white thread and the bobbin with red thread.
- When creating a lace appliqué, use the same color thread in the bobbin and the needle.
- 1.1A spool or reel.More example sentences
- Let out just enough slack line from the reel so that the bobbin is suspended two to three inches below the rod.
- The family room tree has a sewing theme, with spools, bobbins and buttons for ornaments.
mid 16th century: from French bobine, of unknown origin.
More definitions of bobbinDefinition of bobbin in:
- The British & World English dictionary