(in full bobblehead doll)
Definition of bobblehead in English:
A figurine with a disproportionately large head mounted on a spring so that it bobs up and down, often made as a caricature of a famous person.
- We know Elvis would not disapprove of the tens of thousands of impersonators, the velvet paintings, the collector plates, the bobble-heads.
- The blonde grinned and her friends kept nodding like brainless bobble-heads.
- The bobble-heads are hardly incisive political commentary, but they do send a message that Schwarzenegger ought not be taken too seriously.
- Example sentences
- Apparently, the Governator is planning on suing an outfit that makes bobbleheaded dolls of him.
- Most of us want to convince ourselves that we aren't surrounded by bobble-headed yes people.
- But as he so suavely invited you to the dance, you were a tongue-tied, bobble-headed idiot.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan