- A rope used to hold down the bowsprit of a ship against the upward pull of the forestay.More example sentences
- I hung over the side of the pulpit and saw that the bobstay chain was shackled to the end cap on the bowsprit, so I hunted up a wrench and another shackle.
- For the bobstays there should be ten or twelve links to the inch, and for the others considerably more.
- I'm standing on the bobstay trying to get a decent picture of the bow, and not doing a very good job.
More definitions of bobstayDefinition of bobstay in:
- The British & World English dictionary