- The total amount of a particular chemical present in a human’s or animal’s body, typically a radioactive element or other toxic substance: even people with typical exposures to the chemicals in the survey could face health risks from their body burdenMore example sentences
- The slow component reflects the body burden in view of the known transport of cadmium via blood from the liver to the kidneys and other tissues.
- Smoking increases the cadmium body burden, and perhaps cadmium is released from body pools during pregnancy.
- The half-life of methyl mercury in blood, which is assumed to indicate the total body burden, is usually assumed to be about 50 days.
More definitions of body burdenDefinition of body burden in:
- The British & World English dictionary