Definition of bodywork in English:
1The metal outer shell of a vehicle.
- Vandals slashed tyres, scratched bodywork and pulled off windscreen wipers.
- Several vehicles have had their windscreens broken and bodywork dented.
- This Ferrari is constructed with extensive use of aluminum in the chassis, suspension, bodywork and engine.
2Therapies and techniques in complementary medicine that involve touching or manipulating the body.
- For those practising massage, bodywork and manipulative therapies, these somatic dysfunctions are vital to the assessment of musculoskeletal integrity.
- It is frequently a result of some transient mechanical imbalance and, therefore, can be improved with bodywork and manual manipulation techniques.
- She has a diploma in Nutritional Medicine and has attended workshops in reflexology, homeopathy, bodywork and aromatherapy.
- sense 2.Example sentences
- Mark is a trained bodyworker.
- Carrie Lafferty, a bodyworker who uses energy to heal people, drove from Seattle to see him Wednesday and fill him up with fresh, raw berries from her garden.
- Massage therapists, chiropractors, and other bodyworkers can provide precise, gentle, restorative manipulative treatment.
Words that rhyme with bodyworkbrickwork • handiwork
Definition of bodywork in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.