A yellow-flowered marsh plant of the lily family.
- Genus Narthecium, family Liliaceae: several species, including N. ossifragum of Europe and N. americanum of the eastern US, especially New Jersey
More example sentences
- This area tends to be wet underfoot, and the path can be rather boggy, and the change is reflected in the vegetation as cross-leaved heath proliferates, with hundreds of spikes of bog asphodel peppering it.
- If more people could experience the beauty of a Pine Barrens gentian or bog asphodel in bloom, there would be a lot more support for these disappearing species.
- Mountain blanket bog also contains many of the species found in raised and Atlantic blanket bog types such as cross-leaved heath, ling heather, bog asphodel, bog cotton and deer sedge.
More definitions of bog asphodelDefinition of bog asphodel in:
- The British & World English dictionary