- An ancient oak tree that has been preserved in a black state in peat.More example sentences
- The handle was made of bog oak and therefore black.
- He was presented with a number of gifts to mark his retirement including a bog oak sculpture created by Seamus Kelly of Butlerstown.
- Local man Paddy Clooney will have some of his hand-crafted bog oak pieces in the exhibition and Anna Bland will exhibit her collection of icons.
More definitions of bog oakDefinition of bog oak in:
- The British & World English dictionary