- 1Rolled steel for making boilers.More example sentences
- Although some iron, steel, boilerplate, and machinery was smuggled through the blockade, the flow was meager and uncertain.
- The finishing on pipes and joints was of a much higher quality than the prototype I'd last seen; polished brass fittings, varnished wood, a cast-iron boilerplate moulded around the door.
- Take the samples and carry out the required metallurgical tests on your boilerplate.
- 3North American Writing that is clichéd or expresses a generally accepted opinion or belief: the same dreary boilerplate he’s been dishing up for yearsMore example sentences
- He has almost zero patience for boilerplate, even though he repeats it.
- Otherwise, you will much more readily find your way to boilerplate and cliche.
- Yet, at some point, moral precepts that appear neither straightforward nor doable become boilerplate that inspires cynicism rather than commitment.
- 3.1Standardized pieces of text for use as clauses in contracts or as part of a computer program: some sections have been written as boilerplate for use in all proposalsMore example sentences
- You'll note that the boilerplate text is subtly different.
- Solanas was thrilled by her status as a soon-to-be-published writer, but it wasn't long before she began obsessing about the seemingly restrictive legal boilerplate of Girodias's contract.
- Even though they are boilerplate clauses and ‘non-negotiable,’ they need to be reviewed by the artist to make sure that they can conform.
More definitions of boilerplateDefinition of boilerplate in:
- The British & World English dictionary