Definition of bolete in English:
noun (plural boletes or boletuses-ˈlētəsəz)
A mushroom or toadstool with pores rather than gills on the underside of the cap. Boletes often have a thick stem, and several kinds are edible. See also cep.
- Genus Boletus, family Boletaceae, class Basidiomycetes
- Many boletes are worth eating, but their stems tend to become infested with insects or maggots and often have to be discarded.
- His delicious little Wild Mushroom Beignets are for those lucky enough to know where to gather boletuses and horns of plenty.
- Then, in April, as morels and king boletes begin to show around Mount Shasta and in the mountains of eastern Oregon, pickers climb into their ‘rigs’ and drive northward again.
Definition of bolete in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.