(Of an extra part of a machine) able to be fastened on with a bolt or catch.
- I estimate the car to be a 1956 model and an American export car complete with bolt-on wheels.
- Well it seems like the boy racers spend a huge fistful of money on cool neon lights, mag wheels and bolt-on performance products - but do they get down and dirty?
- More rumor on the dusty street pointed to a new integrated disc brake mount (no more heavy bolt-on unit).
An extra part that can be fastened onto a machine with a bolt or catch.
- Built off a 1967 Pontiac GTO Convertible, it featured genuinely interesting bodywork and some wild engine bolt-ons.
- Included with the sale is the car's original owner's manual and some detailed component manuals for the aftermarket bolt-ons.
- In case prestigious BMW bloodlines simply aren't enough to impress, this Bavarian drop-top also features a long list of bolt-ons which transform it from a superb curve carver into a first rate speed machine.
Definition of bolt-on in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.