- 1 [attributive] (Of a building or city) destroyed by bombing.More example sentences
- War-torn Germany is provocatively portrayed with bombed-out buildings and spontaneous marketplaces arising out of stark, rubble-lined streets.
- The mayor has likened Montreal to a bombed-out city, claiming parking lots ‘shamefully disfigure’ the city's downtown core.
- Although there has been a lot of development in the area, some of the same bombed-out buildings are still standing, just as they were 60 years ago.
- 2 • informal another term for bombed ( sense 2).
More definitions of bombed-outDefinition of bombed-out in:
- The British & World English dictionary