- 1An aircraft designed to carry and drop bombs.More example sentences
- These forces are a mixture of assets that includes fighters, bombers, and support aircraft.
- The most ambitious experiment used a large bomber with fighters carried above and below each wing and one under the fuselage on a trapeze.
- In all, the bombing mission cost the Eighth Air Force 37 heavy bombers and six fighter aircraft.
- 2A person who plants, detonates, or throws bombs in a public place, especially as a terrorist.More example sentences
- A few hours later, a suicide bomber detonated a massive bomb, killing himself and at least three others.
- Last week saw 23 car bombs, six of which were driven by suicide bombers, detonated throughout the country.
- Even Liberty, the civil liberty pressure group, accepts a shoot-to-kill policy to protect the public is needed when a suicide bomber looks set to detonate a bomb.
- 3 • informal A cigarette containing marijuana.More example sentences
- I was in my neighbourhood in East Van, smoking a big fat bomber, and I had to go to the corner store.
More definitions of bomberDefinition of bomber in:
- The British & World English dictionary