Definition of bombproof in English:
1Strong enough to resist the effects of blast from a bomb.
- The car he travels in is a bulletproof and bombproof Jeep Cherokee, which has four-inch thick windows and a steel plate underneath.
- The panic rooms are bulletproof, bombproof and poison gas proof - and cost £1.6 million.
- The bullet and bombproof windows are more than three inches thick and the car itself can withstand two grenades on the roof and two underneath.
1.1(Of a tame animal, typically a horse) not easily alarmed by unusual circumstances: piebald cob, seven years old, good to box, shoe, and clip, bombproof in traffic
More example sentences
- Because my pup was exposed to this training and socialising every day she is bombproof with children.
- The riding school has operated perfectly trouble-free for at least 15 years and all the horses are practically bombproof with regard to traffic, people, aircraft and everything else.
- He was, in the parlance of horsemen, 'bombproof.'
Definition of bombproof in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India