- A mechanical or electronic device used in an aircraft for aiming bombs.More example sentences
- An observer leans over the fuselage of an aircraft to use a Mark 1-A bombsight, the first one designed for aircraft use.
- Toward the end of the war, electronic bombsights, which could aim through clouds, gave American bombers some precision-bombing capability.
- Then he'd look through the Norden bombsight, bouncing in his seat from the flak bursts, release the bombs and utter ‘bombs away’.
More definitions of bombsightDefinition of bombsight in:
- The British & World English dictionary