Definition of boned in English:
1(Of meat or fish) having had the bones removed before cooking or serving: boned turkey with cranberry stuffing
More example sentences
- Something like the same effect occurs in one of Italy's most celebrated dishes, Arrosto di maiale al latte, in which a boned pork loin is braised in milk.
- This boned ham comes from western China and is basted with a honey sauce throughout cooking and is eaten wrapped inside small steamed buns.
- Whatever your favorite types of meat - boned chicken breast, lean cuts of beef or even pork - buy large discounted packages.
3(Of a garment) stiffened with strips of plastic or whalebone to give shape to the figure or the garment.
- Finally came the gown, which might consist of a boned bodice and stiffened skirt to match.
- The bride wore an ivory satin dress with a boned bodice, scooped neckline, full skirt, a long train, tiara of crystals and a veil with small crystals at the hem.
- The bridesmaid wore a boned bodice and full-length skirt in claret red heavy satin, and a claret and gold feather headdress.
Definition of boned in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan