Definition of bonefish in English:
noun (plural same or bonefishes)
A silvery game fish of warm coastal waters. Also called ladyfish.
- Family Albulidae and genus Albula: several species, in particular A. vulpes
- For the next hour or so we moved slowly along the mangroves seeing the odd bonefish, barracuda and shark.
- The bonefish are right over there, a silvery school materializing out of the greener water to graze the shrimpy mud of the flat.
- The tide had dropped off the flats and with it, the bonefish had moved into deeper water, invisible to the naked eye.
Words that rhyme with bonefishstonefish
Definition of bonefish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.