- 1A North American plant of the daisy family that bears clusters of small flowers and is used in herbal medicine.
More example sentences
- Genus Eupatorium, family Compositae, several species, in particular the white-flowered E. perfoliatum and its purple-flowered form, purple boneset
- Secondly, don't forget the potency and value of our local herbs such as boneset and lemon balm for treating such conditions.
- The boneset tastes like autumn pork, roasting in a pan with mint leaves, raspberry tea, and lemon peels.
- Common species include Virginia mountain mint, perfoliate boneset, and New England aster.
- 1.1 another term for comfrey.[its ground-up root was formerly used as a 'plaster' to set broken bones]More example sentences
- Also known as common comfrey, blackwort, boneset, bruisewort, gum plant, healing herb, salsify, and slippery root, this erect-growing herb can reach a height of one meter.
- Comfrey was used by herbalists to promote more rapid repair of broken bones, hence the common names boneset and knitbone.
More definitions of bonesetDefinition of boneset in:
- The British & World English dictionary