1North American A foolish or stupid person: why was that boob given a key investigation?
More example sentences
- Of course, if Homeland Security had swooped down on the harmless replica, that would have been taken as evidence they were incompetent boobs as well.
- In the few scenes shown from the Union's side, we get the impression of incompetent boobs more afraid of the cold than command.
- Lest it seem that I think that all journalists are ignorant boobs, I should note that there are exceptions.
2British An embarrassing mistake.
- The London newspaper which made the boob quickly acknowledged its error, and he took his seat in Parliament.
- He will learn from his boob and it cannot detract from his performance.
- It overcame the curse of the solitary writer by creating a Jekyll-Hyde pairing, the crass boob with a commercial touch and the angst-ridden elitist sibling.
early 20th century: abbreviation of booby1.
noun(usually boobs) informal
A woman’s breast.
- I didn't even want to think what his reaction would be if the doc got anywhere near my boobs.
- Her tummy is trim, her legs long (for obvious reasons), her boobs big, and her butt nice and round.
- A blonde girl, hmmm, with big boobs, that's not so easy to pinpoint, there have been a quite a few of them on the show.