noun (plural boobies)
1A stupid or childish person.
- ‘I just wandered around and hit the ball, to be honest,’ Howell explained, as if he was some country booby on his first visit to the big city.
- Even the European right, I believe, regarded him as an amiable old booby who was, fortunately, an ally of their heroine, Mrs T.
- No boobies, but more black neckties than I ever hope to see outside of a Blues Brothers film festival or a big ska revival.
2A large tropical seabird of the gannet family, with brown, black, or white plumage and often brightly colored feet.
- And don't miss the Brac's colonies of brown boobies and white-tailed tropic birds.
- The Pacific seabirds called brown boobies lay two eggs but hardly ever fledge more than one chick.
- Boobies that nest on the ground, the masked gannet and the brown booby, are also found on remote cays of the Great Barrier Reef.
Words that rhyme with boobyjube, newbie, Newby, ruby
noun (plural boobies)(usually boobies) informal
A woman’s breast.
- It was, like, enhancing nothing and I couldn't even get my boobies played with anymore.
- They trusted my judgment that there would be sunshine and boobies, basically.
- Instead, I get a bunch of overweight, smelly computer geeks while the dance co-op gets girls with big boobies and guys with long willies.
1930s: alteration of dialect bubby (see boob2).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan