Definition of bookbinder in English:
A person who binds books as a profession.
- The other quarter did everything from mining coal to making paper flowers; they worked as tanners and carpenters, typesetters and bookbinders.
- And endpapers are the four blank pages at the beginning and end of a book, included by the bookbinder to give the book additional strength.
- The organisers of the Spring Fling have helpfully split the huge region up into six routes, each taking in basketmakers or bookbinders, ceramicists or cobblers.
- Example sentences
- Traditional bookbinding included three tools that have threads in wood.
- ‘Leather for bookbinding isn't like shoe leather,’ he said.
- This workshop will introduce participants to basic techniques and materials of bookbinding with an emphasis on how the process informs the product.
Definition of bookbinder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.